Featured Post

Rain Puddles Design Privacy Policy (Click for entire post)

I'm working on a new privacy policy for my followers, but for now, you should know that if you comment on my site, my site collects da...

Saturday, February 10, 2018

A Purrfect Card with Technique Junkies


It's getting closer and closer to Valentines Day, and I'm pulling together a stack of lovely cards. Today features a sweet feline with a wishlist just for YOU!


Shop at Technique Junkies with code TJ10Janelle on all regular priced items including the stamps I used on this project!

I made the background with the Pantone Color of the Year in mind, Ultraviolet, using the Spattered Ombre technique varied with a spray bottle of rubbing alcohol! A double row of straight stitches around the outside for detail was done before gluing it onto the kraft paper mat already adhered to the white card base.

A plain old-fashioned piece of paper torn from a memo pad was used to stamp the sentiment in Memento Grape Jelly Ink. Vogue Kitty is stamped with a scotch tape mask over the hat to make the Memento Tuxedo black ink outline and then reversed the tape mask to ink the hat then remove the tape before stamping, trust me I know from experience. Some enamel dots to detail the hat were added after the cat was cut with a wide contour cut.



TechniqueSpattered Ombre

Supplies: I provide some product links that are through my Amazon Affiliate, and that means when clicked and purchased in the same session a few pennies are sent my way at no cost to you.

Technique Junkies:


Plus:

  • Bright White Cardstock by Neenah (AZ)
  • Kraft Cardstock by Recollections (AZ)
  • Memento Tuxedo Black Ink Pad by Tsukineko (AZ)
  • Gansai Tambi watercolors by Kuretake® (AZ)
  • Mini MISTI Stamping Tool (AZ, EH, SP) (magnets, too)
  • Sewing Machine (AZ)** This is the sewing machine I use, and it has been perfect for stitching on paper, but my sister-in-law used it on vacation to make an entire quilt top! Please check reviews and the seller to make your own decision before buying.
  • Thread

See more of Vogue Kitty over on the Technique Junkies blog!

I'm a maker who receives goodies chosen by myself for design team work. To see a list of these companies just scroll to the bottom of my blog under FTC Declaration.

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping in today and leaving me a comment! It brightens up my day!

I moderate all of your lovely comments, so if you don't see yours publish right away it's in my Inbox waiting to be read.

Have a wonderful day!